Six steps are suggested to make the most of personal development activities:
- Appraise your skills and knowledge using the RDNA self-assessment tool, to identify and highlight potential areas for development.
- Consider the report generated with your line manager and agree your learning and development objectives for the year.
- Use GRIP to help you discover what learning resources are available to achieve your development objectives.
- Agree a development plan with your line manager.
- Undertake the activities specified in your development plan, drawing on the learning resources in GRIP where appropriate.
- Capture your thoughts on the process.
These form the basis of the competency process explained in the document below. This recommends the use of a learning log, a template for which is also provided: